Elizabeth Barrios is no longer the Trafficking Specialist in Grand Island. This is now an open position with the Salvation Army.
The Salvation is seeking to hire and train a Human Trafficking Specialist for the Grand Island area to help victims of sex trafficking and labor trafficking.
It is preferred, but not required, for the applicant to be bilingual in Spanish and have knowledge working with immigrant and ethnic communities.
As a Trafficking Specialist, job duties include:
- Help manage Hotline answering service (888.3737.888)
- Screening and intake for potential survivors
- Case coordination, documentation and management for survivors (mainly adults; minors should be referred to the CPS hotline, the Child Advocacy Centers, and DHHS)
- Network coordination and referrals
- Direct law enforcement to appropriate emergency services
- Training and technical assistance for service providers
- Direct client services (i.e. intake, assessments, planning, case management appointments, aftercare, etc.)
- Assist in outreach & training presentations
- Transport clients when necessary
Counties covered will include:
York, Polk, Merrick, Hamilton, Clay, Nuckolls, Webster, Adams, Hall, Howard, Greeley, Garfield, Valley, Sherman, Buffalo, Kearney, Franklin, Burt, Cuming, Colfax, Platte, Nance, Boone, Wheeler, Holt, Rock, Brown, Cherry, Keya Paha, Boyd, Antelope, Knox, Pierce, Cedar, Madison, Stanton, Wayne, Dixon, Dakota, and Thurston counties.